Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, April 19, 2010

What's mine is yours

Happy Sunday Evening! The sun is beaming through the window as I type. Simply delightful! I've been thinking about sharing. I enjoy sharing--experiences, clothes, tidbits, even food. lol.
I'm always discovering terrific little nuggets of knowledge, so I'd like to share a couple of causes about sharing worth passing on.....
To me, to give is to live. I really get excited when I find a great way for me to give back. Recently, I stumbled upon this cool cause -- Soles 4 Souls. What a novel idea, donate your old shoes so that they can be given to someone who may desperately need them. How wonderful to be able to share and recycle at the same time. You can check out soles4soul.org to find a dropoff location near you. :-)

Do you have kitchen cabinets overflowing with canned or boxed foods that could feed a small family? Guess what I found out about just yesterday? Stamp Out Hunger is having a food driving on Saturday May 8th and you don't have to go too far to participate. Simply place the goods in a bag and leave at your mailbox. The postperson will pick up and deliver to local foodbanks or pantries. Piece of cake, right? Yeah! :o)

There's something even more wonderful that is very much worth sharing, daily if you can. A hug. It costs nothing but can mean more than you know. A hug can heal wounds that words never come close to. Hugs increase comfort levels, lower blood pressure, improve moods and can even trigger happy memories. One of the best benefits of hugging is that it can create a real bond and connection between people; it creates feelings of acceptance and compassion. A hug is something anyone can give. I'm sending hugs to you right now!
May you receive and share all the hugs your arms can embrace this week.
Sending joy your way. Tag, you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment