Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Here's to Life

Happy Monday night! What a busy day! I like busy though (within reason. :-)) Ok, I'm a bit side-tracked right now watching Justin Bieber and Tina Fey on SNL. lol! Silliness. But it's making me laugh!

Ok, back to reality. :-) The last few days have been days of celebrating new beginnings for people I love in my life. Saturday, my family celebrated my cousin's birthday and his relocation to Singapore for his job. I am so proud of my little cousin! It was a pleasure to come together with family and friends to shower him with good wishes and special memories.

Today, another cousin, Candace, gave birth to a healthy baby girl, Courtney Michelle. What a delightful surprise! She's ten days early. I can only imagine the joy my cousin felt once she laid eyes on this precious baby, after bonding with her in a way only a mother can, for nearly nine months. Just thinking about this gets me misty-eyed. I still remember Candace laying on my lap during church service when we were kids. She was like my litltle sister (we're 4 years apart). Now, she's all grown up, married with two adorable babies. Wow.


Life. It's about new beginings. Growth. With every new beginning, it would be divine to find something to celebrate. Not just major things like birthdays, big moves, births. Those are definitely worthwhile. What about celebrating the simple things that are really rather grand when you really think about it. Like waking up every morning with sound mind,, pain-free, and beautiful. Yay!!!!

I love celebrations! However, I think sometimes we wait to late to celebrate. I've decided to train my mind to celebrate more over complaining. For instance, instead of complaining about the projects I have to do at work,  why not celebrate the fact that I have the ability to complete the task or that I have employment. Or instead of whining about having to walk up the broken escalator at the subway, celebrate the fact that my legs and lungs are strong enough to climb 100 steps without falling out--:-) lol! I mean afterall, to celebrate is to rejoice or to be happy about something. And I'm mighty glad about so much in this life God has given me!



Today, I'm also celebrating my first week of blogging. So far, so fun!  I celebrate you for sharing in my experience. Smiles to you, always!
May you have sprinkles of celebrations throughout the week.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on your first week of blogging!! Be proud - it's an accomplishment.

    And I appreciate your appreciating all the little joys of life. Life is special and it's what you make of it.

    ReplyDelete