Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Really

Happy Wednesday Evening!
I’m realizing that many of those old sayings I heard as a child are true. It’s really true as you get older things become so much clearer. On my train ride home today, all these “really” questions kept popping into my mind. So I thought I’d share.… Some are silly, some are deep, but they all make me think, really?!. :-)

Is it really better to have loved than to never have loved at all?
Is it really better to give than to receive?
Is life really what you make it?
Is it really true that this too shall pass?
Are men really wired differently?
Does it really matter if I eat dessert first?
Is it really never too late?
Are dreams really real on another level?

What do you think? What I really know for sure is that we all are on a unique journey aiming to make the best of what we got, and maybe spread a little joy and get a little goodness along the way.

I can think of a few things I really know for sure today:

~Color therapy really works for me. Every time I caught a glance of my bright pink blouse today I felt a little giddy!

~Feeling sunshine on my forehead really cheers me up.

~Making my mom and dad proud still really makes me happy!

~A long, hot shower really de-stresses me.

~3 day work weeks really rock!

~There’s no such thing as failure, only new ways of growing, learning and being.

~Laughter really is contagious.
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jpg-KIKD5gU

Tag, you're it! Passing smiles your way.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for the smiles! This blog is awesome! Congratulations.

    "Long hot showers" are the best. And I, too, believe that we are each on our own journey, yet sometimes we walk a path together and then go our separate ways to eventually meet up again.

    Lovely!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it is an absolute truism that with age, wisdoms follows. I like your "really" questions, the culmination allows one to reflect and ponder on the reality of ones own existence. So, since you asked, I will reply in kind.

    Yes. It is better to have loved than to have never loved at all. One can receive love in many forms; people, situations, things, ideals. Life would be incomplete without it; bland and unnecessary. Love is wonderful, even when it hurts.

    Is it better to give than to receive? Absolutely,, when you give, you forget yourself, your issues and your own personal drama. Giving is an out of body experience which allows you to focus NOT on yourself, but on anything else besides yourself.

    Is life what you make it. Absolutely,, and it ties into giving. You are the master of your own destiny, your own happiness.

    Is it true that this too shall pass?? Of course,, everything does.

    Are men really wired differently?? Absolutely.

    Desert before the meal??? Uggg. How can you appreciate the treat before the nourishment?

    Its never too late to change your environment, circumstances, career, love, life, journey, cause, personal preferences, or opinions. I believe its your duty as a logical, intelligent being to change.

    Dreams are what you want, desire, expect or appreciate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is Trimette. I finally made it. Better late than never. I love the look and colors of this. Really nice.

    Those old sayings have been around for generations for a reason. So much truth to them.

    And I have learned the hard way that it does matter if you eat dessert first. Haha, Mom was right. But hey, life is unpredictable. You never know if you will have enough time for that chocolate cake, so might as well eat it now :-).

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everything Xavier said :)

    One thing I know for sure is that God loves me. I'm blessed and I want for nothing. This I know for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks BBP(Xavier) for sharing your wisdom. I totally agree. <3

    Brooke, you are absolutely right. Totally blessed and highly favored!

    Trim, I am so glad you are following me! whoo hoo! This is so fun.

    Everybody thanks so much for being a part of my daily dose of sugarplum smiles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a good point Trimette; life is extremely unpredictable, so enjoy the chocolate cake whenever you want.

    We should live every day like its our last, within reason of course.

    Unfortunately, we have to plan our lives as if we are living forever.

    The trick is balancing both extremes.

    ReplyDelete