Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, April 12, 2010

Funny Bone

Good Sunday evening! It was the perfect day to rest and recharge. I laughed a lot this weekend with family and friends. I always say if I can I make someone smile, it was a day done well! It’s actually sort of exhilarating when I laugh so much my cheeks hurt! The silliest thing can crack me up, including myself.:-)lol It’s even better when I can share a laugh with family or friends. It is really like a mini vacation—which I’m sure is a quote I’ve read somewhere. ;-) And it’s been said that laughter is the best medicine. Why wouldn’t it be? It makes you feel good, eases stress, breaks tension, and just makes everything much more enjoyable, right?

So, I was thinking of some of the experiences, people, things that make me laugh. Here are just a few. Maybe you’ll break out a grin too!
~Kids, especially toddlers, never fail to make me laugh. Today I was on the train observing a 4 year-old ever-so-happily eating her Pirate Booty Chips. After she finished her mom gave her a Wet One, and she delightfully wiped her hands and her mouth, then mom gave her some seltzer, and she took a gulp, carefully swallowed and exclaimed “ahhhhh” and “zeee” apparently from the fizz of the carbonated water. This is probably an ordinary scene for them, but it made this chick (who doesn’t have any kiddies of her own yet), pretty giddy.
My nephews constantly bring on the giggles.  Like when Simeon, also 4 years old, tried to pronounce Xavier’s name, and said Alexandier:-)! Or when he was trying to get Xavier’s attention when he was sitting in his carseat and said “Hey, guy,” (because he couldn’t remember how to say his name).  That was rather amusing. But what totally brought a smile to my face is when this little boy says to me, “Auntie you so sweetttt!” Kids are such gems. They absorb everything and when they translate what they’ve heard into their own little words or gestures, it’s simply priceless!
~ One of my all time favorite movies is The Color Purple and although it was a great dramatic film, there are two lines, from two difference scenes, that make me laugh out loud every time I hear them.
  • One is when Harpo is on the roof trying to fix it and he falls through, then the little boy says“It’s gon rain on yo head.”  The other is the scene in the juke joint when Sofia is about to punch out Squeak and the piano man says “time to go” and packs up his stuff. hahahaha!
~And this scene from Family Guy is ridiculously cheek breaking!
~Lastly, I wouldn’t be able to maintain my sanity if I didn’t laugh at myself once in a while. I can often do this by simply busting a funky dance move.;-) Of course all my gal pals know that dancing is not my forte but that surely doesn’t prevent me from shaking what my momma gave me! Check the last few seconds of this video for a taste of my silliness. at about 40 seconds in.

Wondering what tickles your funny bone…… looking forward to your feedback. Make it a week worth smiling about!

1 comment:

  1. Those lines from The Color Purple (my favorite movie) make me laugh too. That and when Squeak says "you said this here OUR juke joint!"

    Also, this weekend I watched Friday for the bajillionth time and that movie makes me die laughing EVERY single time. Good one!

    ReplyDelete