Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

2 cents Tidbit Tuesdays~ this/that made me smile today

Today was a great day to be off. The first day of this year I was able to go outside without a jacket. Yeah baby! It's the little things....So as I was walking down the streets of Brooklyn on my way to Prospect Park, I was really embracing the now. The small, but precious things that make life so wonderful. Here are some of the things that put a smile on my face and joy in my heart today. Would love to hear what made you smile today. Sending energy and sun sparkles your way!

~I stopped by Brooklyn Crepe and the smoothie guy made too much so I got a medium size yummy mango, peach, apple and ginger smoothie after paying for a small. Woo hoo. :-)!!!
~Trees are one of the most beautiful creations on earth. This one caught my eye on my stroll down the block. I love seeing full blossoms!
~I am a sucker for decor. I spotted this photo at cafe Fez, made me smile!
 
~Lately, I'm drawn to cute baby boutiques.  These onesies are just---ahhhwah! :-)
 
~and I couldn't leave out something that always brings a smile to my face."Sunshine, everybody loves the sunshineeeeeeeeee." What a sight to see at the end of the day. Look at that sun!

**Lastly, Tracey Morgan really made me laugh out loud today during his appearance on Oprah. He was funny as usual, but also he seems pretty grounded. I like him. He still has that boyishness about him when he talks about working with people he's admired in his new movie, and even when he described Lorne Michaels and Tina Fey. He appears to have kicked his alcohol habit and is doing well. I hope he stays steady.
So, Oprah asked him what's the most romantic thing he's ever done...and his response made my cheeks hurt.
Tracey's answered.."I bought her a box of Calgon and let it take her away....Oh, the most romantic thing I've ever done...I painted her toenails, she had fingernail polish all over her feet, but...it's all about simplicity."

In life, I'm learning it's all about being in the moment. Relishing in the now. Letting go of the past and not being worried about the future. Each day I get a little closer to being more in the now by enjoying the little things. Laughing a bit more, sharing a little more, loving a lot more.
What was your high of today? I love hearing what makes folks stop and smell the peonies. :-)


2 comments:

  1. I'm happy to see that you enjoyed your day off, its great that you stopped to smell the daisy's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracy Morgan made me laugh too!

    ReplyDelete