Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bits of Peace

Ahhhh, another day has come and gone, and I'm still standing--yeah, yeah, yeah! (I couldn't resist--remember that song by Elton John). :-)Right now I'm craving peace. My ideal would be basking in the sun on the Fiji islands. :However, since that's not happening right now, I'll indulge in thoughts of things that bring me peace.:-)

The OCEAN. The sound of the waves hitting the shore. Nothing compares to the sunlight sparkling over the hues of the endless blue sea.


A cup of warm water is really soothing as well. Water is essential to our bodies, our minds, and even our spirits.
Almost any chapter in PSALMS brings me peace. I especially love Psalm 34:4
"I sought the LORD, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."

BREATH. Breathing brings peace. A few focused inhales & exhales can shake off frustration and bring me back to my center.

MUSIC. I can't begin to express how a song can mellow my mood. The list of songs that take my mind on a peaceful journey is endless. However, this one comes to mind as I write to you tonight, Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole
(you may remember this lovely tune from a lemonade commercial a few years ago, or the movie, 20 First Dates)

I cherish peace. I cherish nature. I cherish water, wind, hummingbirds, warm sand, big hugs, sleeping babies, fluffy pillows..... All of these things give me bits of peace for which I am very grateful.

Lastly, this excerpt from the poem, Desiderata, inspires peace for me. What gives you bits of peace?

Beyond a wholesome discipline,
be gentle with yourself. You are a child of the universe no less than the trees and the stars; you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should. Therefore be at peace with God, whatever you conceive Him to be. And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.
With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world.
Be cheerful. Strive to be happy.









1 comment:

  1. I'm seeking inner peace for myself and others. Patience, love and understanding might be challenging at times but perhaps we/I can learn from others by listening and learning.

    ReplyDelete