Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Friday, June 4, 2010

Two cent tidbits--

Happy Friday! You made it! Yessssssssss. I'm very glad to see the weekend. Is it me or do short weeks at work sometimes feel even longer? :-)
So, what's happening in your world? Hableme, please. ;-)
I have a few two cent tidbits I'd like to share. Here goes:
.........................................................................................................................................................................
*It's the 50th anniversary of To Kill A Mockingbird. I read this book as an adult and it is one of my all-time favorites. Here are two quotes from the book that I really like:

You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view--until you climb inside of his skin and walk around in it.~Atticus Finch to daughter Scout
Mockingbirds don't do one thing but make music for us to enjoy. They don't eat up people's gardens, don't nest in corncribs, they don't do one thing but sing their hearts out for us. That's why it's a sin to kill a mockingbird.
*Speaking of books, I want to read a few this summer. Two on my list are: Nomad by Ayaan Hirsi Ali and Somewhere Inside by Laura and Lisa Ling.
*How sweet of Laura Ling to name her new baby after Bill Clinton. Li Jefferson Clayton--baby girl. He did convince North Korea to release Laura and fellow journalist, Euna Lee after 5 months of captivity. Which was no easy feat! He rocks!
*Have you seen the heart-wrenching photos of animals drenched in oil? Unbelievably horrible. :(

*Oh, back to books. Is anyone reading Women, Food and God? I've read 5 pages. But I don't own it.
*I can't believe I'm saying this, but I actually want to see the new Karate Kid. I am not into remakes, usually. However, Jaden has captured my attention. He's like a mini-me of his dad. :-) I loved the original Karate Kid.
*Sex and the City opened last weekend. Did you like it? It had some thought-provoking points about marriage. For instance, is it ok to want a little breather from your spouse once a week or once a month? Or are kids a requirement for a "real" marriage? Is one less of a woman if she chooses not to have a child, but yet still wants and has a loving marriage? 
My favorite scene was when Miranda and Charlotte were at the bar unleashing their mom experiences. It's ok to let it out moms. It doesn't mean you are a bad mommy. It confirms you are human.:-) Cheers to all the great moms out there! 
*I was sad to hear that another Golden Girl has passed. Rue McClanahan gave me lots of laughs during college. She was feisty and frisky. May she rest in peace. I can't help but to wonder how Betty White is feeling. She is the last golden gal living. And I mean living! She is 88 years old and just hosted SNL last month, got a brand new tv show on TVLand and starred in a hilarious commercial during the Superbowl. Wow. She has great genes! She never had kids and she's not married. hmmmmmmmmmmm. She is a huge advocate of pets though. :-)
*Is it a guilty pleasure that I love the Brandy and Ray J show? lol. I really like their brother-sister bond. And Ray J. just cracks me up with his "coolness", "i'm the man" attitude. I admire Brandy and her father's bond too. Sweet.
*Our President was on Larry King Live last night. Did you watch? :-)
* I'm still on a high from my special trip to the beach with my mom and sister last Sunday. Memories...
Thank you God, again, for that lovely day!
 Your turn! 
Sending you smiles and buckets of joy. Have a fantastic weekend!


3 comments:

  1. Love you Denice! Love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Finally, created my blog so I can post comments to your blog! Was having computer technical difficulties for a while lol! Congratulations on your blog. Great choices in music!

    ReplyDelete