Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

heal.smile.energy.

Happy Tuesday! I'm actually at home sick today. After a horrible train ride home yesterday, having the chills in 90 degree weather, body aches and coughing, I thought it best to stay home. I am determined to kick this cold before Friday. I've been gargling with warm salt water all day and drinking hot tea and soup. I think my body is just having a mini-detox.

Anyhoo, I hope you are feeling fantastic! I see the sun blazing through my window. No matter how hot it gets in the summer, it still makes me happy to see the sunshine in the sky.

So, did anyone watch the BET Awards. I did. I'm not a huge BET fan, however, I really think the Awards rocked this year. Of course, I was quite impressed with Chris Brown's tribute to MJ. The kid has true talent. He was on point with every step. It was beautiful. Man in the Mirror is one of my all-time favorite MJ songs and that was the perfect song for Chris to sing. I was moved by his humility~finally. What did you think?

My 4yr.old nephew, Makiah <3

I was also THRILLED to see Larenz take come to the stage as he recited his poem from Love Jones. Ahhhh, Love Jones. A funky flick from the mid-90s starring Nia Long, Larenz Tate, Bill Belamy, and Isaiah Washington. Where are the Love Jones movies these days? We are longggggggggggggg overdue. :-)

And finally, El Debarge. Wow. He still has that voice. After seeing the Debarge story on TVOne's Unsung, last year, I was afraid he was a done deal after doing drugs for so many years. I was so happy to see that he still has his voice. I have to admit his outfit reminded me of Sha Na Na. But, that's ok.:-)  He's El Debarge!
I love "All this Love" and
'Love me in a special way, what more can I say, love me now. Cause I'm special, not the average kind who'll accept any line that sounds good." Now, those are real lyrics. :-)
  
My godbaby, Madison. :-)

Today, I'm doing what I can to make myself smile. This song playing by the Pointer Sisters makes me smile.
"Romeo and Juliet, Sampson and Delilah... "
I also love hearing Ledisi sing "True devotion..." #6 on my playlist here.  Maxwell singing Matrimony, #9, is delightful too. He was so lovely and sincere and sweet in concert last Friday. Jill Scott, priceless. Both brilliant! 
 Music makes me smile, for sure. 

What are some songs that make you smile? Send me some positivity today. Keep shining!

Sending good health your way. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment