Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, June 14, 2010

Do one thing differently ;-)

Good Morning Monday! (yep, I'm saying hello to Monday, lol)  I"m ready for another productive week. Ok, we can do this! We are blessed and highly favored. It's a new day to wake up and be grateful! Go out and live and give. Leave the past in the past. Embrace the goodness of today. It's a chance to be better and do better. Yes!
 This weekend lots of fantastic sporting events were happening. Like the World Cup. I love the energy of this game! I haven't watched much, but I like seeing people get excited about it. The opening concert rocked. And of course the NBA playoffs. Again, I don't watch games, play-for-play, however I do have my favorites. I am rooting for the Celtics! ;-)

So Father's day is quickly approaching. Are you doing anything unique this year for that admirable man in your life? I think one of the best gifts to give parents is time. Spend some time. Listen to their "stories." Laugh with them. Relish in what they've lived through, what they've given you, and who they've become. :-) God bless all the fathers. All the men who've been there to love, guide, listen, encourage and protect us. I am very grateful for my dad. He is the hardest working man I know. The best cook ever. He has always had a crazy sense of humor. Most of all, he cares for his children with all of his soul. I'm also truly grateful for my grandfather Johnson, who passed away a decade ago. But he lives forever more in my heart. Love yougranddaddy ! I am deeply grateful for my step grandfather. He's still living vibrantly at 80 years old. And I do miss my grandfather McPherson, who passed away as well. But my childhood memories of him will always be with me. More on Fathers later this week.:-)
 In the meantime, I was thinking about movement in life. How to get from point A to point B. I am sure it starts with doing one thing differently. Taking one step at a time to progress. I thought of a few things that could be done differently to start seeing little sparkles of positive change in our every day lives. Here goes:

**Wake up 20 minutes earlier each day. To journal or to stretch and/or to give thanks. Or to simply breathe and take in the miracle of waking up again.

**Cut out something that is just no good for you. Maybe it's soft drinks.
Try seltzer water instead this week. ;-)

**Hug at least one person EVERY day. Hugs are good for your health. Don't be shy, just go for it!

**Wear a different color this week. A color you never wear. Colors can bring out the best in us. :-)

**Respond differently. :-)

**Smile more.

**Take a different route home.Explore. Smell the lilacs....

**Compliment somebody. ;-)

What could you do differently this week? Hableme.

Have a wonderfully joyful week. Sending sunshine your way. Tag you're it!



4 comments:

  1. I could focus on my classes more! I said that to myself this morning and your message of do something differently hit the mark!

    Happy fathers day to all the dad too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at my handsome nephew and my gorgeous Maddy. She just lights up the room and this page. Fathers have a powerful influence in their children's life. They should be commended everyday for all they do and celebrated on their special day.
    BTW, I believe both your dad and Dane are great cooks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bought myself flowers today :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's sweet! Flowers always brighten my day. It's so good to be kind to yourself. :-) Thanks for sharing everybody.
    smiles.

    ReplyDelete