Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Beauty in every journey

Good Monday evening! It's been a mind-stretching type of day. (Love those types of days) I'm learning that there is always more to do. I can either embrace and flow...Or be anxious and sink. I want to swim or at least float. :-)
I realized something mind-blossoming today while thinking about Oprah's latest life moment--meeting the sister she never knew she had-, and while thinking about a very close friend's bond with her mom, and family in general. I realize that it's OK that my childhood, my relationships, the way I was brought up isn't like hers, or his, or anyone's. I realize everyone gives what they have to give. If someone's cup isn't full, how on earth can they fill you, give you want you need to flourish and grow? People give you what they have in themselves. Not necessarily what they really hope to give you. It is up to us to make the best of our circumstances, become aware of how we can be better and what we need, and give it to ourselves AND make something beautiful out of ourselves and in turn our "world."

What I really see now is that there is beauty in every journey. If everyone's story was the same that would be pretty dull, boring, even stagnant. This life is like a kaleidoscope. So colorful, so many options and ways to view things. It's OK if the path has crooks and turns and pebbles and boulders. All the more interesting. All the more strength & character & wisdom building!

Here's to getting 1% better every day. Cheers! ;-)

Sending light your way. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment