Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

It's the little things:-)

Hello and welcome to Monday night! The first day of the week, the last day of January. Yes, time waits for nothing. I must confess January didn't start off as I had intended. I had a beautiful New Year's Eve and day. However, I spent the 3 weeks following fighting a cold. I am thrilled to say today, Jan. 31st, I'm better!!!! My voice is back and my energy level is almost 100% back to norm. I'm a grateful gal!

Do you ever notice that it's the little things that really make life much sweeter? Like on a Monday morning when it's 23 degrees, thinking of something small but oh so sweet can bring a smile to my face. And when I"m smiling, I'm living and not just going through the motions. What makes you smile on Monday? What made you smile today?
For me the following made my day a little bit brighter despite the frigid temps. ;-)

*** Getting a seat on the train during rush hour in NYC.

***a clean path to walk amidst the piles of snow on the sidewalk. No slipping. Yay!

***Being able to button my pants with a leggins underneath. Gotta layer in this weather. :*)

***Waking up 30 minutes early to meditate on my intentions for the day and stretch. Ohm.

***Sharing in someone's joy. 2 folks on my floor got engaged over the weekend. Everyone was spreading good wishes. Was nice!

***Arriving home before 7pm and getting my laundry finished before 9pm. Yes!

***Starting my day off with a freshly juiced bett, carrot, ginger, lemon and spinach juice.

***Asking my dear one what was his high of the day and getting the response, "talking to you." Ahhh, my heart is full. :-)

***Enjoying a Tate's Chocolate Chip Walnut cookie. So crisp and delish!

***Being alert all day. That's always a plus. lol.

Your turn!

Sending smiles your way. Tag you're it!

1 comment:

  1. CD, I smile freely when I connect with my students, even when they misbehave. I really appreciated the unselfish hugs I received today from second graders who hadn't seen me in awhile:)Reading something early in the morning (e.g., a novel or some German news)thrill me to the core and jump-start my dormant mind! And like Xavier, always reassuring to hear from my loyal homegirl- you:)

    ReplyDelete