Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, February 17, 2011

So loving this & that right now...:-)

Hello and welcome to Wednesday night!
It's February. The shortest month. My Birthday month. Ahhhhhhhh. In essence the beginning of my new year.

I was just thinking about things and information I'm so loving right now. What about you? Have you made any new discoveries this year so far? I'll start first--here goes:

1. Totally appreciative & loving the sun glowing even on a cold day. (& loving capturing the sun like I did here in this photo I snapped). Tomorrow's forecast is in the 50s. And on Friday, my birthday, 64 degrees. That's a sweet present from mother nature. ;-)

2.The daylight lasting a tad longer than it was a month ago.

3. Bitters Spray from urbanmoonshine.com. Helps ward off the queasies. :-)

4. Green Italian olives. No, not those basic green olives you find everywhere. I’m talking about this perfectly round, pretty bright green, superbly delicious green Italian Olives. I discovered them in Sahadi’s Fine Foods in Brooklyn. That store is a jewel!! Fresh goodies like olives, dried fruits of every sort, dark chocolate covered ginger…and sooooo much more.


5. Yoga. I am not where I want to be, yet I’m learning to enjoy the journey. No judgment, simply do it and smile.

6. The Well Being Journal. I stumbled upon it while waiting in line at Whole Foods. I was intrigued by the articles so I bought it. It is overflowing with golden information for our well being and health. 2 nuggets that stayed with me after reading several articles this weekend:

********Cereal is no good. No matter where it’s bought. The processing of it, which is called extrusion, zaps out all nutrients. A more in-depth explanation is in the WBJ. For me, it's bye-bye to cereal.
********Margarine is just not good for you. According to the WBJ, Margarine processing uses the cheapest seeds, most of which are full of pesticides and genetically engineered. The manufacturers steam clean the oils, which removes all the vitamins and all the antioxidants, but the solvents and pesticides remain. I let go of margarine years ago, however reading the WBJ reminded me to keep it out of my diet forevermore. :-)
Bottom line, eating whole foods, foods from the earth with little or no processing, is the way to feeling better, looking better, acting better being better. It’s not so easy in our fast-paced society, but for me, I’ve decided it’s worth the effort. Better now than never.

7. Georgia NY Salon & Boutique. I had the delight of visiting and having my mane done at this shop last night. My stylist, Elizabeth, was very thoughtful; she listened to my hair goals and used the most scrumptious products on my hair. The boutique is filled with fun and pretty pictures of the owner's children and travels… and with tons of all-natural, organic, wonderful skin/hair and beauty products. Even a few gorgeous jewels grace the shop's shelves. This was a little piece of heaven for a gal like me— who's always on the hunt for the best moisturizer ever! :-) I must go back soon.

8. These sparkly TOMS shoes, because I just dig sparkles. ;-) And I love the fact that TOMS gives a new pair of shoes to a child in need per pair bought!


Sending peaceful vibes your way. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment