Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Friday, January 21, 2011

Two cent tidbits ;-)

Good Thursday Evening! I just love Thursdays. I have since childhood because that's when The Cosby Show came on. And because everyone else's favorite day was either Friday or Saturday...I loathed following the crowd. My theme as a teen was dare to be different. :0) So, even now, many years later, I still like Thursdays. Boo boop bee doop! lol
Three weeks into the New Year and I have a few 2cent tidbits, some silly, some helpful. What about you? I'll start:

***I think it's terrific that Michelle Obama is collaborating with Walmart to sell healthier foods (less sugar, salt, and fat) for affordable prices. This is a real effort to shrink childhood obesity and help familes get fit and eat right with no excuses.

***Did anyone watch Oprah being interviewed by Piers Morgan on Monday night? It kept me glued to the tele, for sure. Oprah's just interesting to me. What more can I say. I read not -o-lovely reviews about the interview, however. Hmmm.

***I've been on this 21 day, no excuses yoga-thon (via my dvds at home). So far so good. Except this morning I realized I strained my right shoulder when I went to reach for my purse. Ouch! I have 9 more days to go to complete the goal. Today until the 30th, I will have to cease putting any pressure whatsoever on my right shoulder/arm. :-(. In the meantime, I have to consciously remember not to carry my purse on my right side, not help myself out of a chair with my right arm, and not to even attempt to reach back with my right arm. Or I will feel the pain. Yikes.:-/

***Do you know how blessed you are to have properly functioning body parts? I'm seriously grateful for my fingers to type every day to make my living. Hands to hold. Eyes to see--albeit more clearly with contact lenses--.Legs to walk--which I do very much in this fantabulous city. And so much more. For this I am so deeply grateful. :-)

***I am still in awe that I"m getting married. Wowsers. Not to mention planning a wedding. It's truly never too late. It's so worth the wait!

***I miss the beach. Soon. We will meet again, soon, my glorious ocean. :-)

***My favorite healthy sweet treat right now is Jules Organic Strawberry Lowfat Frozen Yogurt Bars. 2 grams of fat, 3 grams of fiber per serving and no high fructuse corn syrup. Mmmm Mmmmm Yummy!

***The MOMA (The Musuem of Modern Art) is calling my name. I haven't been there in years.

***Wondering if I should raise funds for clean water in developing countries or participate in the Revlon Walk for women's cancers, that I've done for 11 years--excluding last year when I raised money for Dr. Oz's charity, Health Corps.

***There's nothing like a good night's rest & a sweet dream. Ahhhh. Wishing you both.:-)

Sending peacefulness your way. Tag you're it!



No comments:

Post a Comment