Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, January 24, 2011

are you smiling? :-)

Hello and welcome to Sunday night! Whew. The weekend is just about a done deal. I gotta say it was VERY productive and good. Yes!

I hope your days off were filled with lots of smiles. As I ran errands this weekend, I made lots of observations. And thankfully, all of them made me smile. I'd like to share a few. I also had fun using my new camera that my dear one got me for Christmas. I just love photography. It's the best thing ever. ;-)

I took this shot walking down Mercer Avenue in Jersey City. Brownstones are awesome.

I'm fascinated with trees these days. The beauty of this one made me smile.

The oh-so-cool window of my favorite French Restaurant, Jolie, in Brooklyn.
This red wreath looks so pretty against the black door. Smiling....:-)

This classic picture of my mom holding my baby sister makes my heart happy!

A few things I couldn't capture on film this weekend delighted me too.
***While riding the subway, I overheard a mother saying "yes, sweetie" to her young daughter. I can't describe how giddy it makes me feel to hear parents speaking so kindly to their children. Engaging kids is so essential. Like feeding their souls. :-)

***Another beautiful scene on the train yesterday was a father and young son, about 7 years old, both reading a book. Double-smiles! Seeing a young boy reading magnifies my joy and seeing a boy with his dad is just extra~wonderful.

***Personal tiny triumphs this weekend: I had my first fitting for my wedding dress. I'm smiling!!! I also had 2 cake tastings, and made a decision on which one. Delish! This bride-to-be role is kinda splendid. Lots of details, but still makes ya smile. :)

Your turn. What's making you smile right now?
Sending sweet vibes your way. Tag you're it!

2 comments:

  1. I love this picture of your mom with Jana! What a special and heartwarming picture!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOH wedding dress fitting! I know you are going to be the most beautiful bride. Enjoy this time of planning and decisions. It's the only time you'll get to do this stuff, so make it fun!

    ReplyDelete