Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Stick-to-it-ness. gotta.be.a.doer!

Happy November! The year is winding down. I'm a summer gal, but I have to admit I like November. It reminds me of my beloved grandfather Johnson. Whenever I think of November, his warm, joyful smile comes to mind. His gentle laugh, his southern charm, his integrity, and sweet spirit. I especially admired my grandfather's dedication to being of service in this world and his pure, overflowing love for my grandma Johnson. I could only hope and pray that I'd meet a man who exuded the endearing qualities granddaddy possessed. He'll forever live in my heart.
                                        
                                                                        Granddaddy & his beloved Lerle (grandma)
 Another thing I admired about granddaddy is his discipline. He was a military man. A deacon. An attentive father and a loving husband. He was a doer.

I've come to realize that I need to be around doers. There's nothing like a person who sets a goal or has a desire and makes it happen. But, I've also discovered that I can easily fall into the talking, talking, talking and not getting what I need to get done accomplished. So I'm now consciously making more of an effort to be a doer. One of the ways in which I can be more of a doer is to think less. Do you ever think yourself out of doing something your originally were totally gungho about? One thing I know for sure is that I have the ability to "think" myself out of doing practically anything. :-) Now, it is absolutely wise to be thoughtful about all decisions. However, there's a difference between being thoughtful and weighing the pros and cons, and finding every reason NOT to do something..that you really want to do or even need to do. Nike made a really great mantra/motto--just do it. It's so essential to just do it in order to get something done, sometimes.


So, now is the time to DO. Whatever it is, just go for it. Don't think too much about whys. Instead think why not? What's the worse that could happen? There's no such thing as failure anymore in my mind. There's simply doing and living this journey to the fullest or there's finding excuses to NOT do and just exist.
I've come up with a couple of tips, phrases & mantras to help me get with the program of just doing it--more often:
** Think less & just jump!
**Be consistent. Embrace stick-to-it-ness! :-)
**Surround yourself with doers. A doer is someone who says hey let's get together sometimes, and within one week or LESS you receive a phone call, text or email with a suggested date and time to make it happen! :-)

**Start small. Grow grand. Cleaning out your closet is just doing it, too!:-)
**Forget fear. Thrive off the action of simply going for something--no matter the outcome.

**Write it down. There's nothing like putting "it" in writing as well as put what you need or want to do on your calendar (blackberry, cell phone, outlook, anything with a reminder).
**Remember doing is living! :-)

Sending fearlessness your way. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment