Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, November 8, 2010

So here's to life...

Welcome to the end of the weekend. Happy Sunday night! It was good while it lasted. :-) I've been taking belly dancing classes for the past 5 Sundays. Each Sunday as I walked to class the sun has been glowing bright, the sky has been clear, and the air has been perfect. I appreciate that! Especially since I don't usually like to leave my humble abode on Sundays.  
View from former apt. taken by Xavier
I went to see For Colored Girls on Friday. Wow. I have been anticipating this film for years. I went to a fine arts high school and we performed the play. I could barely remember which lady I played. But, as I watched and listened to each character Friday night, memories slowly came to mind. The Lady in Green's monologues took me right back to high school (even though, that wasn't my part in the play). I was pleased with how Tyler Perry brought this very heavy play to life. Well done, Mr. Perry! This movie, these characters are so raw and real. Some scenes very painfully moving. The words written by the author/playwright, Ntokage Shange, shake my soul.
"I found God in myself and I loved her. I loved her fiercely!"~Lady in Brown
I could go on about the issues presented in the film, however, I think this single line captures the beauty of it all. Each woman, no matter what her color, is here to find God in herself, embrace her, nurture her, be gentle with her, adore her, with all of your being, always, no matter what.
The last song of the movie really stuck with me throughout this weekend. It's a song by Nina Simone called Four Women. It's #2 on my playlist here. I played around with the words and created my own verse. Here goes:
My skin is honey. My legs are long. My hair half-wavy. My heart is strong. Strong enough to keep on moving, even when things go wrong. What do they call me? My name is Moonlily. My name is Moonlily.  moon~lily. 
Your turn.:-)


Sending love your way. Tag you're it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment