Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Two cent tidbits ;-)

Good Wednesday evening. The air had a slight chill in it today. Winter is around the corner and so are the holidays. I do enjoy this time of year in the Big Apple. :-)

So, I was thinking today about how amazing life is, even as I'm going through a few little uncomfy things. Life is still good. :-)
This weekend I came across a couple of diary pages that I wrote when I was 15 years old. Wow. I am so glad that I journaled back then. I cried and laughed as I read a list of what I wanted in a guy. The 3 with astericks included looks, sense of humor and easy to talk to. :-) I was happy to see that I got 15 out of the 16 qualities I wanted in a man --even if it is two decades later. ;-) Yay!
Ahh, life is so interesting.
I also found a letter I had written to God during that same period in my life. After asking that I meet Bobby Brown and New Edition; I was relieved to see that I ended my prayer stating that "most of all I want to be the best person You (God) want me to be, shine through me..."
This really struck my heart. It's something that I've been affirming all these years. I'm a tad closer...Learning to enjoy the journey and be alert to the lessons.

Reading what I wrote affirmed, for me, that what I put in writing has a much stronger chance of being realized than not.


Ok, now for two cent tidbits....not in any special order. Here's goes:

**Tis the season....to give, share, love a little more. I love giving gifts--not based on extravagance, but thoughtfulness. I love wrapping them. I love seeing them displayed. I love shopping for them , creating them, or designing them ( most of the time :-)). I believe a book is one of the best gifts you can give or receive. I came upon this one today. I like it even more because all proceeds go to the Avon Foundation for Women.

**This skirt our First Lady is wearing is perfect for the holidays. Loving it!

**I wish I could erase any pain anyone is feeling right this moment.

**It's nice to smile at yourself and say something sweet first thing in the morning. Really gets the day off to a bright start!

**Cousins rock!

**There's always room for improvement.

**Trampolines and boxing bags. Great stress relievers!

**I love remembering ole time gospel songs from when I was little girl. These two songs have been on my mind this week. Glad to be in the number one more time and Teach me Master teach me. Unfortunately, I couldn't find them on playlist.com to post here. Spiritual songs move my soul!

**Our kids, our parents, our nation, and our planet needs healing. Prayer. It starts with me becoming a better, stronger, healthier me.

**Last, but not least, I appreciate you!!!:-)

Sending good vibes your way. Tag you're it!


1 comment:

  1. Cheryl, you are sweetness incarnate, young lady...to wish to wipe out any present pain of your readership. That was profound. Thanks for being a loyal friend. By the way, I read that writing things down in blue ink does the trick (Kevin Trudeau, 2004).

    ReplyDelete