Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Friday, November 5, 2010

Laugh break :-)

Happy Thursday evening! Ahhhhhhh, less than 24 hours till Friday. Yay!!!! Anybody need a good laugh? I love to laugh. When I was a kid I used to be able to make myself laugh until my belly ached. I was just keep thinking of whatever made me laugh in the first place over and over and over again. I remember my best friend Janet and I used to sit on the bus ride home from school and just laugh and be silly little girls the entire 20 minute ride. It was exhilirating!
It's just so good for the soul. A good, hearty, cheek-stretching laugh! I hope you're getting at least 1 good minute of laughter daily.
So I thought of just 3 things from TV that always make me laugh. Wonder if any of these tickle your funny bone too. :-0)!
**The movie Knocked Up has a hilarious scene with comedian Craig Robinson as a doorman at a club. Two ladies want to get in and one is pregnant and her sister is maybe late 30s or 40s...so they are not the typical club gals. The entire scene is funny--minus the F-word about 30 times--but this line really cracks me up:  The doorman says to the older sister--"I can't let you in cause you're old as f---. For this club, not you know, for the earth." Maybe it's just me but when he said "for the earth" I laugh for about 10 minutes. It was probably his delivery. You gotta hear it. lol.
**The Color Purple is a superb film. My favorite movie ever. I like so many lines from this movie. So many made me think, cry, and smile. This one said by Buster in the juke joint, in regards to his lady Sofia aka Oprah, really made me laugh out loud. "I don't fight my woman's battles. My job is to love her and to take her where she wanna go." And the most delightful and funniest part about this line was his delivery. Buster was happy as a kid in a candy store. So content! This line never gets any props from the movie, but it so deserves some. Next time you watch The Color Purple, listen up for Buster's line. I'm sure it'll make you smile.

**Finally, one of the TV sitcom scenes EVER was in the pilot show of The Cosby Show. Remember when Cliff and Theo were talking about how Theo was going to survive in the real world if he kept making poor grades. Here are the main lines that still make me laugh out loud -- over 25 years later:
Theo: "Maybe I was bron to be a regular person and have a regular life...if you weren't a doctor I wouldn't love you less because you're my dad adn so instead of acting disappointed because I'm not like you, maybe you can just accept who I am and love me anyway because I'm your son."

Cliff aka Theo's dad's response: brief pause "Theo, that's the dumbest thing I've EVER heard in my life. No wonder you get Ds in everything. now you are afraid to try.....Now I'm telling you, you are going to try as HARD AS YOU CAN and you're gonna do it because I said so! I am your father. I brought you into this world, I'll take you out!"
Check it out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFY0HBkUm8o&feature=related

Bravo! This not only makes me laugh, it makes me proud to see a good example of parenting (yes, even on TV). It's real. It's beautiful. It's love.
Ahhh, now wasn't that nice. Just a laugh break!

Sending smiles your way. Tag you're it!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for some great laughs tonight. Laughter and happiness is infectuous (just like misery loves company). My point choose laughter over misery. Laugh at yourself when you make a mistake or do something silly and then bounce back! But keep smiling and keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete