Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

8 great things I love about NYC

Happy Tuesday night. What a full day! It's been awfully gray so far this week in Nueva York. In fact, it's raining right now. But, the sun will shine again soon. :-)

So, I was thinking about this big, crazy, delightful, strong, unique, brilliant city. This is a city that can make you laugh till your cheeks ache, scream at the top of your lungs, and feel like you're on the of the world all in one day~! Oh what a city. And yes, I do believe if you can make it here, you can surely make it anywhere. There's just no where quite like it. I've grown to appreciate the good, the bad, and ugly. :-)
Since 8 is my favorite number. I thought I'd share great things I dig about NYC ;-)! Here goes:
**Awesome skyline! Cool buildings. Interesting & talented artists.

**Access to rooftops. How neat is it to have bbqs on the roof and catch some rays?

**Street fairs. If you ever want to find unique, beautiful, even one-of-a-kind gifts, check out one of the many fantastic street festivals during the summer, fall, and winter. One of my favorites is the holiday bazaar @ Union Square.

**Water. I love been surrounded by water. I mean, Manhattan is an island. :-) I like being near beaches, too. It's a nice mini getaway when I can't get to the turquoise waves of more distant destination.
**Food. This is a foodie's paradise! The choices are unlimited, from Carribbean to French to Ethiopian to Thai to Southern cuisine. And cupcakes galore. De~lish!
**People watching! If I'm ever bored, I can simply take a seat on any park bench and watch all the interesting folks pass by. Oh what fun to see the fashion of a "New Yorker." I love the freedom to just be yourself, take it or leave it. ;-)

**Awesome happenings! From free concerts in Central Park or Brooklyn or the Bronx to spectacular events like Dick Clark's Rocking New Year's eve to impromptu stints like Lenny Kravitz playing guitar in the middle of Times Square just because he was inspired to Spike Lee's Michael Jackson Birthday celebration. Ya gotta love it! ;-)
**Public transportation. The subway. Even with the daily hustle and bustle. I'm soooooo very grateful to have a train to take me where I need to go.

What do you love about your city? Talk to me.

Sending peaceful thoughts your way. Tag you're it!

2 comments:

  1. I love NYC and am still mesmarized when I go to Times Square at night. The energy is contagious.

    I love Brooklyn especially and hope one day to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love NY too but after a while you want solitude...away from the hustle and bustle. The street fairs and Time square are a few of my favorite places to visit. I guess that's one reason I haven't moved too far from the city. I need to hang with you for a day to learn about your great adventures : )

    ReplyDelete