Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Friday, July 23, 2010

It is the greatest love of all! :-)

Happy, wonderful Friday!! Thank God. I've been anxious for Friday this week. So grateful to be feeling mighty fine on this lovely day. Ahhhhhhh, what a week. It was long and challenging, but still with sprinkles of fun and sweet surprises. :-)
 I was listening to my Ipod, as I do every morning during my 22-minute walk to the train, and an old song came on. The Greatest Love of All (Whitney's version). Now, usually I skip over this song. I mean I still remember, as a child, singing this song over and over. At every recital or special occasion for children that song seemed to pop up, so I'd had my fill by the time I reached adulthood. :-) However, yesterday I just let it play. Listening to this song that I've heard at least 100 times, was different. I could NOW relate to what she was so beautifully singing. It brought tears to my eyes. Those very, very close to me, know I struggled with "self-consciousness/self-esteem" (meaning lack of it) as a child, teen, young adult. I actually began a serious journey to "kick the habit" of self-sabotage and constantly saying negative things about myself after graduating college. It tooks years of prayer, work, doing things, etc. to finally gain something I know God gave me at conception, but somehow along the way I lost it, and that's self-love.

So, when I heard those words (that I've pasted below) my heart felt full and it made me sing. It's like one of my testimonies in life. :-) I'm ever so grateful for this love I've found. I know for sure when I love myself, trust myself, and believe in myself, I have SO much more to give. Yes!
Life is good. Life is real, real good. This (mantra) has been singing in my mind all week. :-)
Because the greatest love of all 
Is happening to me
I found the greatest love of all 
Inside of me
The greatest love of all 
Is easy to achieve
Learning to love yourself
It is the greatest love of all 
Sending love your way. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment