Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, July 19, 2010

Celebrate Mondays! :-)

Happy Monday!!!! If you are reading this right now that means you made it. It's a new, bright, sunshiney day and that's something to be so thankful for. :-)


I had a supercalifragilisticexpialidocious kind of weekend! There was a heatwave taking over most of the country, but it didn't stop me from spending ALL day at Central Park for Summerstage. I must have gotten there around 1pm and left at 7pm. I got to see Raphael Saadiq, formerly of Tony, Toni, Tone, perform. And wow was it a performance. What a voice, what style, what coolness! It brought back so many memories of my teenage years and college years when he sang "It Never Rains in Southern California," and "Lay Your Head on My Pillowwwwwwwwwww," and "Ask of You." He has such an awesome catalog of music. I appreciate his talent. He is an artist that sings and plays and writes. Totally dig him! The DJ in between sets played some fun songs too!
I also enjoyed seeing/hearing an artist by the name of Aloe Blacc perform. He sang a soulful, blues-version of "Billie Jean." Nice. He also sang a song called "I Need a Dollar." I like. :-) I'm always open to new music, artists.

“Music speaks what cannot be expressed, soothes the mind and gives it rest, heals the heart and makes it whole, flows from heaven to the soul.”~ Unknown


So, let's talk gratefulness. Here's what I'm celebrating today:

**I woke up! I can see, feel, touch, smell, think, walk, talk, laugh. That's a blessing!

 

**Appreciating the lovely evening my gal pal, Sharyn and I shared with my uncle Dane yesterday. Good food, inspiring conversation, and just a feeling of love. God bless my uncle! He is so easy to talk to, so positive, so real, and just the type of person who makes you feel special. I'm so grateful to have him in my life. 

Me and Uncle Dane.


**My throat no longer has the terrible itch. YAY!!!! PTL! And my voice is about 95% back to normal. Even though the hoarse voice was sounding kinda sexy. lololol or maybe scary to little kiddies.


**My tan! Love being semi-bronze. :-)


**My $4 shades by way of a very kind street vendor in NYC. Yes, NYC has some really nice folks out there!


**Sundresses.


**Lemonade....That cool, refreshing drink. (remember Eddie Murphy said that in either Raw or Delirious?)


**Everyone's love~ especially my mom's, my siblings, and my BBP (right now). 


**Coupons from Borders! Ready for a new book today. :-)


**Peace of mind. That beautiful feeling of knowing that all is well no matter what. And feeling, being, and expressing gratefulness in the midst of the waves. There is always something to be thankful for.


Your turn!


Sending love your way. Tag you're it!!! Have a wonderfully productive, joyful, good week. 

 



is the

2 comments:

  1. Hey, Cheryl, like you, I'm especially grateful for family and friends like you who keep me connected to what really matters: people and solid principles. I'm also thankful for getting a fresh and successful start in college; finished my first class with an A and really feel as if I learned something. My 2nd class is going wonderfully well, also. Oh, and thanks for some hot tracks, Cheryl. I usually view your blog mobilely. You got taste, chica:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a HORRIBLE nights sleep,, at 3:37 am I sent a text to my baby saying that I couldn't sleep, of course I knew she was sleeping,, at 5:17 she replied that she was so very sorry and hoped that I was now asleep,, at 7:44am, she called to see how i was feeling...

    Who couldn't be grateful for that. Thank you SL.

    ReplyDelete