Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

What's going on?



Happy Tuesday! The birds literally woke me up this morning. Really. I'm not being "corny." lol. There's a big tree right outside my window and my neighbors have a cute birdhouse that the birds tweet around inside. :-) Guess what this is? My 30th post on my blog. Thanks for reading. Thanks for sharing. This is really fun!


Ok, so all I could think of this morning is What Is Going On? In this world....So much, some horrific, some good, some silly. Let me know what you think about the following.....

**Catastrophes galore! Oil spill in the Gulf; Nashville flooding; The oil spill is overwhelming, devastating. It affects more than wildlife. It affects us. Our beaches, our health. How can Obama alleviate this problem? I pray he finds a brilliant mind asap to figure this out.

***Georgia History teacher allowed her students to wear Ku Klux Klan outfits. Uh, why??? Catherine Ariemma teaches US history with film education. Students spend the year viewing films and later create their own films to watch in class. This class chose to trace the history of racism in America. Something worth discusses, in my opinion, to learn from the mistakes and to acknowledge the wrongdoings. However, permitting students to wear attire that clearly represents hatred, violence and pure evil was a poor decision. Ms. Ariemma admits this. FYI, the class had 15 students of multiple races, no blacks. Ariemma is currently on leave and could lose her job. hmmmm

**On a lighter note--did anyone see Grey's Anatomy's season finale? Wowsers. That had me on edge. It was goooooooooood. :-)


***Ok, I have to admit I had no idea our schools were serving such unhealthy lunches until I watched Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution. Come on America, get with the program. We can't be that cheap to skimp on our children's health, their future. It is a sad day when parents (are predicted) to outlive their children. What's going on?

**The great news is, people do care such as Jamie Oliver and our own first lady, Michelle Obama. They have campaigns that we all can get involved in. Check out:
http://www.jamieoliver.com/campaigns/jamies-food-revolution/petition
http://www.letsmove.gov/join/

**I have to also mention Dr. Oz's health initiative to get our kids and communities in charge of their health. Health Corps. This is what I helped to raise money for and I strongly believe in what it's about. :-)
http://www.highwaytohealthfestival.com/

***I just read on Yahoo that Washington, DC ranks the fittest city in America. Way to go DC! NYC is 21. Atlanta # 16.

Signing off for now. Amidst all that's going on in our world, our cities, our communities, I hope you are being good to yourself no matter what. Keep shining! Keep moving!!!

Sending peace of mind your way. Tag you're it!


1 comment:

  1. Hey Denice,

    I hope not to frighten you, but in the bible it states that the events that are occurring now is signs of what's to follow. It seems evident that the worse is yet to come. This is all God's plan. It's not enough for you to be a believer in Him, you must have trust and faith, which is very difficult at times, especially for me when I experience the suffering of children with incurable cancers and many other health issues. I think all that you're doing for your community and society is very admirable and I'm SO PROUD of you. Keep doing the good work and be good to yourself and most important pray for all of us.

    Love you,
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete