Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Two Cent Tidbit Thursday

Happy Thursday!!! This week really flew by. I'm looking out my window and the sky is pretty pale blue and the sun is shining. It's only 45 degrees- so far. But that's ok.
Just seeing the sunshine makes my heart warm! :-)

My two-cent tidbits....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY STEVIE WONDER!!! 
Growing up my mom simply adored Stevie Wonder. I mean it's funny to me, because she rarely listened to "secular music" which is what she called all the music I liked (as a kid). :-) However, when Stevie was singing on the radio she was gaa-gaa. It was fun! I love this clip from the Cosby Show when the family got to go to Stevie's studio. I had to share.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IvrRUeCsVyc

~Ok, did you hear about the Personal Genetic Test Kits? The test scans your DNA to determine if you are at risk of getting about two dozen diseases; looks at how a person might react to certain drugs and whether you might pass on certain diseases to offspring. Would you buy one? Walgreens will be selling them soon. Right now, they've delayed putting the product on the shelves since the FDA challenged the legality (*according to Huffpost). I don't think I would but this test unless I knew for sure that whatever was discovered (in my DNA) could be cured. :-/

~I have a new admiration and respect of Will.i.am. He paid off the mortgages of two families this week on Oprah. He was so humble and so authentic. He is also starting a fund I.Am.Home to do more to help so many on the brink of losing their homes. He is starting this fund with his own money. I think this totally rocks. He is really living what they say--to whom much is given much is expected. Bless you, Will!

~So, Elton John turned down 33 million dollars to replace Simon on American Idol. Wow! What would you do for 33 million? :-)
~Speaking of American Idol, who is your favorite winner, not from this year, but of those who've won or come close? I have to say I haven't really watched since Ruben won. I like Kelly Clarkson, Fantasia, Jennifer Hudson, Ruben and Adam Lambert. I'm really digging his new song "Whatdaya Want From Me?" 

~I've been wearing the baby blue braclet I received Sunday at the Live Your Best Life walk which says
Hara Hachi Bu. This is means eat until 80% full, an Okinawan philosophy. The charity I raised money for, Health Corps., gave these bands out.

~I left the suffering club! If you saw Oprah yesterday, you know what I mean. She interviewed the author of  Women, Food and God. Deep.
~Lastly, one of the many gems I took from my amazing LYBL weekend comes from one of the workshop I attended with Dr. Oz who said "get on the playing field of life. Act first and get motivated after!" 
Sending you buckets of joy. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment