Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Song in my heart

Good Wednesday Morning! Can you believe it's 46 degrees in the big apple right now? Brrrr! The bright side is that the weekend will bring warmth--70 degrees. Yes!

So, this morning I woke up with this song in my mind and heart--"I Will Trust in the Lord". I remember the end of my dream and I was singing this song. Now, I grew up in the church. Really, it was like a second home to me. I don't remember a time from birth to 18 years old when it wasn't a part of my life. You may know this song too. Not too many words, simply, I will trust in the Lord, I will trust in the Lord, I will trust in the Lorddd till I die. Does anyone remember that song? It was a song the Deaconesses used to sing during testimony time, or as the Deacons and Ushers passed out communion to the congregation. This song brought back memories of childhood and the strong influence music had on me (and still does).


I love all types of music. Gospel music included. I cherish memories of me and my cousins singing "Soon and Very" (we are going to see the King, soon and very soon) when we got together at grandma's house. We loved singing. Something about gospel music just moves my soul. Many gospel songs are testimonies by the author/singer. The words telling a story of how he/she made it through a trial or tribulation. Many times, when I hear gospel music I'm encouraged. I am reassured that all is well. God is working everything out for my highest good. Just stay faithful, keep working and being of service. Music makes my heart smile and my spirit soar.


I want to leave you with a few of my all time favorite gospel songs. May the song in your heart make your spirit shine always!
** God is Amazing
**Near the Cross
**God has Smiled on Me
**Ride on King Jesus
**Count Your Blessings
**God Is
**Let Your Spirit Fall Down on Me
**Yes Jesus Love Me
**Jesus, the Light of the World
**God is good
I could go on forever.... lol. Share with me the song on your mind today. :-)
Sending blessings your way! Tag your're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment