Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Two cent tidbits :-)

Happy December 2010! It's the holiday seasonnn (I'm singing that to you) :-). Yep it's surely Christmastime in the city. The lights are lit, the streets are full, and folks are a just a tad more jolly. I think this time of the year puts a little twinkle in everyone's eyes. At least I hope so. :-)
 
Of course, lots going on out there. Some things that make me think really... and some that simply sadden me. In the midst of politics, entertainment, work and stuff, I've discovered a couple of sweet things in the last few weeks, too. Here goes:

**Have you heard that Trump is considering running for President? Would you vote for him? I actually think he would have a good shot at winning.

**Lots of sad news lately: Elizabeth Edwards lost her battle with cancer on Tuesday. I was watching several clips about her in the last 24 hours and she seemed like quite a remarkable woman. She gave birth to her last child at age 50! Wow. She was an author, lawyer, supportive wife and a politician in her own right--even though she never ran for office. I pray her children go on to lead healthy, joyful lives. May she rest in peace.

**Barbra Walters' interview with Oprah airs this Thursday. Can't wait to watch it!

**Am I the only one who gets a high from sending greeting cards? It's really makes me happy. lol
                                                                                      cool card at Papyrus


**Jennifer Hudson is so tiny now. Supposedly, she is now a size 4. Wowsers! Where there's a will, there's a way.

**I like Paula Deen, even though just watching her whip up her recipes makes me feel 10lbs heavier...:-) Take a look at these goodies. Whoopie cookies. Yum!

**What are your thoughts on Obama? Has he been too "nice"? I think so. :-(

**So sad to hear Aretha Franklin has pancreatic cancer. Let's all send her healing thoughts.

**I really like Obama's new children's book "Of Thee I Sing." It's beautiful!

**Aren't these pretty?
You can make sparkly candles just like these, according to Martha Stewart (check out her website for details). All you need are candles, glitter, spray adhesive and a shoe box. I'm will surely try this craft project. I'll keep you posted. ;-)

**Guess who's performing at the Bachelor party for Prince William? None other than Snoop Doggy Dog. Now that's crossover fa~shizzy!:-) Music unites the world. Gotta love it!

**Lastly, my beloved MJ has a new single out with Akon. It's cool. It's called Hold My Hand. I just like hearing MJ sing. His legacy lives on! http://www.musicloversgroup.com/akon-feat-michael-jackson-hold-my-hand/

Sending a little cheer and goodness your way. Tag you're it!
Smiles!

1 comment:

  1. It's sad how Elizabeth Edwards died after experiencing so many difficult personal, political, and social issues. What a tragedy for such a strong and beautiful person. I hope she died peacefully. My heart goes out to her family and children who are now motherless. As for Trump, I don't think he would be a suitable candidate for presidency. He's a good businessman but what does he know about government and politics?
    I believe that Obama needs to put aside diplomacy and take the bull by the horn! He's gonna have to step on toes to gain any outcome if he wants to succeed. This is who I voted for.

    ReplyDelete