Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Go with the gut! :-)

Happy Tuesday!
Today, I'm going get right to what is on my mind. ;-)

It's about going with what I really feel and/or believe. I don't know about you but for many years I would second guess myself. I would think too much about what someone else might think about my decision or my choice. As I get older, it becomes a little easier to trust that instinct. Yet, I do notice there are times when I still hesitate to just go with the gut.

I remember hearing someone say whatever you first thought is, that usually is the right one. I'm starting to believe it. Maybe not for coming to conclusions about people, but at least for coming to a "yes or no" about doing something.


Today, at work something came up. A question. An invitation to do something that immediately upon reading I knew I had no desire to do. It wasn't required "work" and it will not affect make my life in any significant way if I simply say no. Yet I paused before simply doing so. I hesitated before doing what my gut wanted to do. I no longer want to do anything that doesn't uplift or fuel me in some way. That fuel could be a plethora of things--a good chat, laughter, useful information, mutual friendship, helping others, relaxation, exercise, brainstorming, whatever. I just don't want to waste my time just doing things in order to make others feel comfortable. Or doing things that my gut, which in essence in my heart and soul, doesn't truly want to do.

So, it's time to go with the gut! No more second guessing myself when I actually feel every fiber of my being saying NOOOOOOOOO or YESSSSSSSS!:-)

Sending liberation your way. Tag you're it!

1 comment:

  1. I think the gut is that trueness to self. It really does liberate in various, very practical ways!

    ReplyDelete