Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Sunday, February 5, 2012

Do you really learn something new everyday?....

Hello and welcome to the weekend! Even though, I am not working outside of the home, at the moment, I still cherish the weekend. Everything just feels more relaxed! It’s like my mind gives my body permission to chill out a little bit more on Saturdays and Sundays, without any guilt. Just be. And of course, do what I can to have some f-u-n.
So, I’ve been thinking can one really learn something new every day? Being at home more days than I previously was when I was working and skedaddling all over the most fascinating city in the world (NYC J), I thought probably not. However, I was wrong. I’m in a new phase of my life journey and every day, if I pay attention, I am enlightened by even the tiniest morsel of wisdom I gain about myself, my surroundings, other people, and/or the world in general.

Let’s see, this week I learned…. J
~A new word, pergola: a framework that supports climbing plants. I like saying this word, it just rolls off the tongue, pur-guh-laaa. I like the way it sounds, too! Check out this pretty pergola.

~~There are so many great websites that make it easy for you to help others. One cool site is www.sparked.com, which matches people with online volunteer opportunities.  

~On a spiritual side, I learned that if you can see yourself in everyone, then you can easily forgive and love anybody. :-)
~Arugula is absolutely delish with a dash of extra virgin olive oil, a splash of fresh lemon juice, and a sprinkle of Pecorino Romano cheese. It’s a great option for lunch (at home)!

~That I can cook tasty and healthy dinners for my husband and I, 4 out of 5 nights a week, without going bonkers! It feels good to eat well. I’m eating more veggies than I have in my whole life. Yay!

~Yet again, that we have a phenomenal first lady! Did you see her do 25 push-ups in a row in a friendly competition with Ellen on the Ellen Show? Even better, Mrs. O said she could have done even more. Now, I want to do 25 in a row by my bday which is 2 weeks away. I’ll let you know how that goes. J

~The simplest gesture or kind words really make a gal feel special.  It happened twice this week, unexpectedly, and it made my heart smile.
~Calories keep burning 14 hours after a 45 minute vigorous workout. That’s awesome!
~Hot water with lemon is a necessity to start off my mornings and end my evenings. It does the body good!

That’s all for now. Off to my first rock climbing lesson!  What'd you learn this week?
Sending smiles your way!

1 comment: