Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Things that are making me smile right now

Hi and happy new week! Can you believe it’s almost Spring? We’ve had quite a few Spring like days my way in the last month. Just love a day cool enough to deeply appreciate the warm sun shining on my face. Ahhhh. :-)
Ok, today, I just wanted to spread a little sunshine. I’ve been paying more attention to moments, things, and simple but special happenings that make my heart smile.
So here goes:
*I was watching the NBA All-Star Game and I got goose bumps after hearing Shaquille O’Neal say to Magic Johnson “Thank you for teaching me how to be a leader…Never got to thank you. I appreciate you very much!” Doesn’t it just touch the depths of your soul to hear someone sincerely say thank you to another. It’s what living is all about. Let folks know how they’ve made an impact in your life no matter how big or small. ;-) It could brighten their day or life.
*Octavia Spencer winning an Oscar for best supporting actress. I am so HAPPY for her! I feel like she’s a friend in my head. She’s just delightful. It is her time. And I have an affinity to women that are 40 or over winning! Dig it. Love it. Congratulations and keep shining, Octavia! Her speech was sweet too.
*Speaking of inspiring women, I admire much of Viola Davis’ work. I especially love her new ‘do. Naturally beautiful and hip. She exudes confidence and strength. Makes me smile!

*I heard a funky song the other that made me smile and snap my fingers. Love the beat and the feel of this tune. It’s by Estelle, titled Pretty Please. Take a listen. J
Other songs that give me good feelings: A Long Walk by Jill Scott, Picture Perfect by Eric Roberson, and Keep Looking by Sade. And so many more. But these particular songs have made me smile lately.
*And last but not least, I’m smiling right now because I got chosen in the “Harpo” lottery to attend Oprah’s Lifeclass taping in NYC in April with guest Tony Robbins. YEAH BABY!!!! I am very grateful. The icing on the cake is that I get to visit NYC and spend time with my family and good friends. It’s been almost a year since I left. I miss my sweet, exciting, crazy Nueva York. Yay!!!!
(I took this shot on one of my many commutes to and from Grand Central Station.)
**Honorable mentions: Rock climbing again (tough but fantastic!!) and pretty Atomic Orange nail color on my toes. Color therapy is real! lol. 
So here’s to finding the good in the grit of life. Sending smiles your way. Tag you’re it!





2 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for spreading the Joy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YOU GOT CHOSEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yaaaaaaaaaaay!!!!! I am so happy that you will get to go see Oprah... I know you are ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete