Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Friday, February 24, 2012

Here's to another year!

Hello and welcome to today! So I recently had a birthday (2/18) yay! Praise God from whom all blessings flow. It was an emotional last week of my last year. Getting older, seeing things I didn't before. Feelings things I didn't before. Dealing with all the thoughts buzzing through my head as I tiptoe into pure, absolute, middle life. But, truly, it's good to be alive! Age is all in the mind...mostly. :-)

I'm realizing that time really does zoom by. I'm realizing that the older I get the more I appreciate the joy of receiving an old-fashioned paper birthday card. I mean, actually, I've always been a gal that gets giddy over a good greeting card. I keep them. They are treasures. I value words on paper. It moves me to read what someone takes the time to write, especially when it written for little ol' me. It's nice to read a card years later too. Many times a card and the words scribbled on it have warmed my heart, years after I'd received it. It's the gift that has the power to keep on bringing a smile to my face, even after the ink has faded away. The sentiment is enduring!

As I am blessed each day with breath, I ask to be better. To listen more. Love more. Laugh more. Be free more. Be stronger ...more. Let go... more. Embrace more.

So here's to a new year of living! I enter with gratitude and courage to get up when I fall down no matter how many times...And I want to add a few more "gotta do's" to my Bucketlist...including:

*Fly a kite.

*Carve my name in a tree.
*Teach someone to read

*Do 25 pushups in a row—check. I can now do this! Thanks to being inspired by Michelle Obama. ;-)
*Explore a cave.

*Paint something funky, beautiful or moving

*Start a group
*Travel to Africa

*Hug more

*Make pottery~
*Read about something totally unlike the usual

*Create more

In the meantime, in between, hoping to do this and preparing to do that, I want to remember this quote by Iyanla Vanzant:
No Regrets Just Lessons
No Worries Just Acceptance
No Expectations Just Gratitude

And so it shall be. Breathe in. Breathe out.

Sending simplicity your way. Tag you're it!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Moving! You always have interesting words. It makes me think.

    ReplyDelete