Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Friday, September 17, 2010

Two Cent Tidbits ;-)

Hello and welcome to Friday! YES! I am so ready for the weekend. I've been so fatigued all week. Good day to come home from work and destress with a cup of warm ginger tea & cozy socks :-), journal, and catchup with a few out-of-town loved ones.
I have lots on my mind. What about you? I'd love to hear/read your two cent tidbits too. Here goes:
**Thunder in NYC/Jersey was a bit terrifying yesterday evening. It sounded like a gigantic drum was pounded by the Green Giant. (remember him from the Green Giant pea commercials?) Wow.
It poured for about 30 minutes. Then, beautifully, the sun came out for the last 45 minutes of the evening. As this happened, I was in transit--outside--coming from, walking home. The thought that immediately came to mind as the rain ceased was that it is really so true--rain doesn't last forever. I believe this literally in all things.

**I'm very excited about my cousin Michelle's visit next Thursday. I have a ton of fun planned for us. I'm especially looking forward to seeing Fela on Broadway with Patti Labelle. Yay! & Atlantic Antic in Brooklyn on Sunday. Curry crab, here I come! :-)

**Was anybody offended by Chelsea Handler's antics as host of the VMAs on Sunday?

**I was really cold yesterday morning. Farewell my sweet summer. See ya next year. "I welcome Fall. Fall is nice. Fall is my friend. Fall is change. Fall is new beginnings"....I'm saying mantras to move into the new season with a happy heart. :-)
**I rarely go to comedy shows, but I just realized I'm seeing two comedians in the next two months: Kevin Hart and then Tracy Morgan--totally independent of each other. Whoo hoo! Laughter heals the soul.

**I've been on the new Nate Berkus show twice already. I love his studio set. He's really a natural at engaging guests. And his show gives some really good info. I learned that if you don't use the video feature on your computers just cover it with a piece of tape or something....You never know whose lurking out there in cyberspace. If you are a fan of Nate, you may see me in the audience of the show when he interviews actress, Julianne Moore. I don't know when it airs yet...Checking website soon. :-)

**I like watching Stacie and her hubby on the Real Housewives of DC. They seem very healthy in their marriage and as individuals. So rare to see this on any of the "Housewives" shows. I'm so not interested in watching the OC or Bev. Hill versions of "Housewives." I will be watching the new season of ATL. That's what got me hooked on NYC and DC. Lordy~ :-)

**I have to budget better this Fall and Winter. :-) Yes I can!

**My youngest nephew turned 4 yesterday. Happy Birthday Makiah! Auntie loves you!!!

**I read a really good article about being chronically late. This is probably my biggest pet peeve. The author wrote:  What you may be unaware of...

>You have probably lost friends and business over this issue and are not aware of it.

>Running late can be a passive-aggressive way of controlling those around you.
>If you cause your spouse to be late with you, you are embarrassing him/her by causing them to be late too.

>You may have a fear of success and running late is a form of self-sabotage.

DEEP!

**November is gonna be a month of celebrations! I'm open and receptive to all the good and abundance of the universe.

Signing off.
Sending smiles your way. Tag you're it!

No comments:

Post a Comment