Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Twinkle ;-)

Good Monday Evening. You made it! It's been a rainy fall day in NYC. Freshening up the trees! So how was your weekend? My weekend was totally awesome! (I"m a child of the 80s, and that phrase has stuck with me. lol).
My cousin Michelle came up to visit me from Arizona. We had a ball! It's always so much fun discovering more about NYC when I have a loved one stay over. I get to do some things I probably never would. We went to see Fela on Broadway. Wow! What an energizing show and fantastic learning experience about Fela Kuti. Also, the dancers were PHENOMENAL! I mean just watching them move I felt like I lost 10 pounds~! :-) Excellent show. What a great weekend to be in NYC, we had summer weather. Always love it when I get to wear a sundress. So glad Michelle got to come up. I adore my cousin. She is so kind, smart, giving and curious. Just pure southern charm and sweetness!
                                                                      Me and Mimi @ South Street Seaport

I have a lot on my mind today. But before I mention a few things. Gotta "celebrate Monday." I am so grateful for all the goodness flowing through my life right now. I have to take time to make note. ;-) What about you?
God is showing me each day how precious life is. More and more I appreciate the little things like a clear, blue sky, the scent of a gardenia candle, the sound of my nephew's voice, my cousin's awe at the crowded streets of the Big Apple to the big things like my health, my home, my family, my friends, and the man who makes me laugh till my cheeks hurt and appreciates me for all that I am and will be that it makes my heart overflow..with joy. Life is so big. It sure ain't easy, but it's surely much smoother when I stay in a mind of gratitude and love.
Now, I can't help but ask what do you think about the Bishop Eddie Long story? Even as I type this, I'm feeling people are like "what's so surprising....?" I don't have much to say about it. It's sad. And his "speech" yesterday didn't move me at all. In fact, it almost turned me off even more. Tell me what you think.

What's up with the breakups? George Lopez and his wife. She gave him her kidney. What happened???? I was sad to hear that they are calling it quits. And Jenny McCarthy and Jim Carey. Bummer. I really hate to hear about breakups of folks I thought were compatible, healthy couples.

Speaking of couples, I do really like two couples on the DC housewives--Stacie Scott Turner and her hubby and Lynda Erkiletian and her chocolate beau. Nice seeing couples support, love and encourage one another. :-)
 Real life couples I admire: My uncle Ronnie and aunt Joanne; my cousin Candace & her hubby, my cousin Danielle & her hubby, and gal pal Karen & her hubby. These particular couples I know personally, and I've observed their unions blossom, grow stronger and overflow with love, patience, laughter, and joy. They compromise to make the best of their lives together. They nurture themselves which in essence nurtures their children. They are lights in the world just by being their best, they inspire me to be my best. Relationships are work. However, I know for sure anything worth having takes effort and energy--- but the payoff is so amazing!


Sending light your way. SHINE. Tag you're it!

4 comments:

  1. I am so touched that Ed & I made you "couple list". Marriage is definitely work and we sometimes struggle to keep it all together. This made me remember that its worth fighting for everyday. Thank you Denice. You are my sister for life. :) We love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Re: Eddie Long..just by what I heard I believe he is guilty as charged!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, my friend Brookey's Blog, today, is on point regarding the Eddie Long issue & religion. Her blog always echoes what I think. :-)

    ReplyDelete