Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Don't forget to smile today! ;-)

Good morning and WELCOME to Tuesday! I'm thrilled to see a new day!!!! I had a rough Monday, but all turned out just dandy by the time I closed my eyes to sweet dreams. Ahhhhhh, just had to keep breathing and keep smiling!

So let's talk about smiling, music and life. You know for about 8 years I had an answering machine and at the end of my outgoing message I had this phase that I said, which was "don't forget to smile today." I sounded extra-perky and it eventually began my "theme" message. lol. Really, folks--friends, family would begin responding to the "don't forget to smile today" at the end of whatever message they were leaving me. I believe the words were working the magic that we sometimes forget words have the power to do--they were making folks smile by just listening. :-)
When I changed my vmail message, everyone asked 'what happened to your don't forget to smile today'? That made me smile. Words matter.

I know, at times, I get so caught up in my "life" feeling a tad frustrated or overwhelmed that I forget to smile. I'm learning that it's really all about how I react to the "stuff" that life throws me. I must keep breathing and remember to smile. I mean really consciously inhale and exhale, inhale and exhale, concentrate on centering myself in the midst of the madness by breathing. This brings me back to the now and reminds me that, really, right now all is well. No matter WHAT mistake, mishap, human error I may have made. Right now, I'm still alive, breathing, and capable of doing what I need to do to resolve the issue and keep on trucking! :-) Ain't that simply divine, ya'll?

What about music? I don't mean to sound trite, however music really makes my day. I specifically searched for a few songs to add to my playlist (here on my blog) that make me smile. The first 8 songs really make me feel good. If you need a boost or just a smile, listen to them, especially the words. Music is a blues elixir. I am so deeply grateful for it. (Listen to the words of Smile, :-)).
This chickadee always makes me smile, Maddycakes!
I leave you with these quotes from Oprah:  The best of life is NOW.
Sending exhiliration your way. Tag you're it!

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Cheryl:)I have noted how everyone looks better when they have a good, soulful smile. And it permeates your whole person and infects the next person, just as negative energy can do. What I am trying to say is smiling is like a positive lashing out.... Music, too, lifts my spirits immensely; I feel invincible sometimes when I listen to it, and it has helped me accomplish much. Thanks very much for being an outstandingly loyal friend and a reason to smile because of the music of your mellifluous words. Forgot to :) --Carlton

    ReplyDelete