Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Two cent tidbits:-)

Good Morning & welcome to Monday! You woke up, YES!!!! I've missed blogging. It's been difficult because my laptop is in need of repair. So, I've not been able to share daily. Soon, it'll be fixed...Until then, at least we have today. :-)
It's a wet day in NYC. Though, I do see the sun pushing her way through the grayness right now.
How was your weekend? I had a lovely one. I got to spend time with my littlest nephew, Makiah. He's 3. It is so amazing listening to him talk, play, discover. Toddlers are so precious, you can see live so differently through their eyes. They marvel at the tiniest things. Makiah is intrigued by pockets. He gets a kick out of putting things in his pants/shorts pockets. He's mini-man. He is now potty-trained too. Once he learned that big boys don't wear pampers, he insisted not to wear them, b/c he's a "man." He's doing really well. I adore my nephew. In fact, I am so blessed to have 4 nephews and they all are like sons to me. It's amazing to see them grow and learn and express parts of you that you never even realized were being observed. They are like clay, everything you do is making an impression on them, whether you intend for it to or not. We must be very mindful of all we practice in their presence. Hopefully, we already are being the best we can be in everyone's presence, anyway. ;-)
Can you believe summer's is almost over? As usual, August seems to speed by. I cherish the long days and warm evening. I like not having to layer on clothing. So, I'm going to relish these last few weeks of sunlight and sundresses!
In the meantime....there's lots going on in the world. As it should be. Here are a few of my 2 cent tidbits. I'd love to hear yours too!
***I was watching the Joy Behar Show and Jamie Foxx was being interviewed by guest host, Shawn Robinson. I think they'd make a cute couple. :-) Jamie is really a triple threat. He's a musician/pianist, singer, comedian and a darn good actor. I was in awe of his portrayal of Ray and I'll never forget his In Living Color days--Wanda was HILARIOUS!!! lol

***Fantasia. My heart goes out to her. No matter what happens, YOU are worth being here--on earth--alive. Never lose sight of that. I pray she has a strong support system to help her through all that she is going through. She CAN rise again.

***I've really shopping like a madwoman. The sales have been awesome. Seriously, 65% and up off of things. I've completed most of my holiday shopping. I have about 4 more gifts I want to buy. :-)
***I'm SO excited Patti Labelle is going to be in FELA and my cousin and I are gonna see it!! Yippeeeeeeeeee!

***Happy belated birthday to my brother, Carl. LOVE YOU MUCHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

***Age is really a state of mind. Really. whoo hooey!

***Wyclef for President of Haiti. Hmmmm? what are you thoughts? I say why not.

***Ground Zero mosque. Ok or not? Live and let live. We must respect each others beliefs. People of all races, creeds, backgrounds perished on 911. Spread love. :-)

***Zsa Zsa Gabor is slowly leaving us. :-( I really like her. She was adorable in Green Acres. She had spunk in life!

***Real Housewive of DC...Dig it or not?

***I love the Obamas. Sasha got a hole-in-one. Precious family time. You can't fake this stuff!

***My latest guilty pleasure--The TO Show. lol. ;-)

***I had a blast at Harlem day yesterday. Delish tilapia and fries! Great conversation with a longtime, dear friend.

***Color therapy works. I make it a point never to wear black on Mondays. Orange is the color of my day today. What's yours?
Sending you overflowing energy. Tag you're it!

2 comments:

  1. Cheryl, I don't know where you get your pics, but they are always so rich and brilliant; I've been wanting to tell you that. Furthermore, that was a disarming comment by the little man:) I am admittedly jealous of Jamie. Fantasia's plight was news to me; thanks, because I find her very talented, and we can use her in the music cosmos. Cheryl, chic dress! That's you! Orange fits you, too, because, as you probably know, orange is a warm (friendly) color. The different classes of colors and the effects on your appearance (i.e., slimming or bulking) fascinate me. Take care, Cheryl. Can't wait to see you or talk to you sometime. You have really grown on so many levels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you are so special, Daryl....

    ReplyDelete