Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Summer highlights

Happy Thursday! I have to say I'm VERY glad to see this day. I'm been anxious to get to the weekend--since Monday. ;-) The sun is beaming through my windows and I can tell it's gonna be a lovely day. The weather in NYC was nice yesterday, barely, if any, humidity. The next 3 days are predicted to be perfect too, 85 sunshiney, non-muggy degress. Yes!!!

So, my sweet summer is approaching it's end. Soon no more long days, no more blazing sun, no more free concerts in the park, and sadly no more beach days. lol. But, all good things soon come to an end. Honestly, I appreciate all seasons, so by the time Fall hits I'll find something to rave about that season too. :-)
In the meantime, let's relish in some of the cool experiences we had this summer & may have in the next 4 weeks of this scrumptious season! Here goes:
***I can't help but mention (again) my pre-summer kickoff (in May), which was attending Oprah's Live Your Best Life Weekend. That was a-w-e-s-o-m-e. Totally motivated me for a supercala summer. :-)

***My first visit to beaches in North Carolina. Who knew. They are lovely. I really enjoyed spending a week with my cousin Candace and her family. I adore my little 3 year old, cousin Cameron. He is the sweetest kid ever! I can't wait to see them again in December. :-)
                                                             Perfect Carolina Sky shot taken by yours truly:-)
***My first vacation with my mom and sister. Mom TRULY enjoyed the beach. Now, I see where I get it from. I'll hold that time in my heart forever.
***Free concerts galore. I went to about 7 free concerts in this great city of NYC. I must admit summer here rocks, for sure. Mary J. Blige, The Roots, The Clark Sisters, Raphael Saadiq and more. They were all worth waiting in line for about an hour and getting up at the crack of dawn (for a couple). Fun!

***Just sitting at Central Park during lunchtime feeeling the warm sun on my forehead as I read. Ahhh. That is pure joy to me!               
                                                            Flick taken by me when I looked up at Central Park.

***Savannah with my BBP. That was precious. We had a beautiful time. I dig Tybee Beach! And I can't wait to go back to St. Simon island to indulge, again, in the best freakin Shrimp Po Boy in the South. Yum!

***Spending a few hours with grandma McP at my aunt Suzanne's home. It felt so GOOD to be around all my girl cousins and aunts at one time--for something special--not a holiday, just to bond and show grandma love. :-)
***Playing with my nephews!

***& My Maddy!

***Mary Poppins!

***Brooklyn Museum's first Saturday in July.

***Brunch at Jolie with BBP. So delightful. Great food. Gorgeous atmosphere and loving company. :-)

***Discovering so many pretty boutiques in Brooklyn on 5th ave and 7th ave. Loving BK!

***& really all the time I got to spend with folks I love whether family or friends. Anytime I got to laugh this summer was and is truly a blessing. I am so very grateful for it all.
What about your summer highlights..spill the beans.
Sending sunshine & smiles your way. Tag you're it!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a fulfilling summer. There's still more weeks left before the heat is gone. I'm hoping to hit the beach again too. Great Adventure was by far, the most adventurous for me :-)
    Enjoy your day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Cheryl:) The highlights of my summer had to be reconnecting with you and other old friends. Your blogs gave me something to look forward to to divert my mind. Thank you for being the undisputed heavyweight of sweethearts, old friend. Again, I was reinvigorated by a second shot at college. Stay sweet. --Carlton

    ReplyDelete