Be. Love.

Be. Love.
A Gal Riding the Waves

Monday, March 26, 2012

What are you in awe of?

Hi there!
It's been a heck of a week, but I'm so blessed! I just read an inspirational blog that said to end each complaint with "but, I'm so blessed." Which is actually something I remember learning as a child, probably from my grandma or someone teaching me about believing/faith/being grateful in all things. However, I'm learning I am always receiving reminders of things I knew already but temporarily have failed to practice.
:-)

Anyhoo, I've been in awe the last few days of the human body. After a weekend in the hospital with the hubby, I am amazed at how our bodies survive in one healthy, harmonious, pain-free piece every day. It's simply a miracle how all the cells, molecules, organs, muscles, etc. all function together, like an orchestra, and one out of tune horn can disrupt the whole performance. It's incredible and overwhelming -- the human body. It reminds me, again, of how fragile we are. How complex. How interesting. I do admit it can become overwhelming trying to figure out what to eat, when to eat it, how much of it to eat, where did this food come from, how was it raised, will it affect me the same, etc. etc. etc. At the end of the day, I've concluded the following: our bodies are pretty durable; most things heal; green leafy veggies and colorful foods are (not gummy bears, of course) are optimal choices; regular movement~exercise, yoga, or at least walking 30 minutes every day to get everything flowing and feeling "good"; everything in moderation except for cigarettes—say no to those altogether--as well as other harmful drugs; and a good amount of love and affection and support from family and friends (daily hugs are ideal) are ESSENTIAL to a quality, healthy life. Prayer helps tremendously too! :-) So, yes, today, I'm in awe of the human body.

What about you? What are you in awe of?
I can't wait to hear from ya!

Sending goodness your way. Tag you're it!


No comments:

Post a Comment